PHSCE in focus - 1decision and St Nicholas
Did you know that we work closely with 1decision PHSCE program to support social, health and emotional aspects of learning in key stage 1?
Reassuringly, 1decision is one of the first primary programmes to receive the PSHE Association Quality Assured kite mark. By using the best resources available, schools can feel confident that through a planned PSHE programme, students will acquire the knowledge, understanding, and skills they need to manage their lives now and in the future. As part of a whole school approach, PSHE education develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members, and members of society. To allow children to engage and enjoy all of what education has to offer we need to ensure that they:
- are not suffering with any Personal issues,
- are Socially ready for our society,
- understand the importance of their Health,
- and the Economics of their environment.
You can find out more about the program here:
However did you also know:
- Children form our school act in the materials?
- Our school is used for filming of these incredibly valuable resources?
- We support the program through use of school site, use of resources.
Yesterday pupils and staff from our school went to meet Dee Dee and to see the launch of the new fire safety materials. Here are some pictures from the event: